Wednesday 23 December 2009

Pure Magic

Brrrrrr it's cold and the roads and pavements are a nightmare but there is magic still to be seen. Last night whilst driving up the frozen lane that runs outside my house Chris and I were very fortunate to see, standing on the road a beautiful barn owl. 



Fortunately because of the terribly icy conditions I was going very slowly but sadly I had tp sound my horn to warn him because it wasn't safe to stop.


He heard the horn and with such grace and beauty flew away. It really was a wonderful sight though and one that will stay with us for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Pure magic Sue. How wonderful. I saw a Hare the other day on my way home it was incredible to see such an elusive creature during my journey.
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky thing! They are utterly splendid looking birds, aren't they.

    Happy hols.

    Nik

    ReplyDelete