Saturday 2 January 2010

Well how was it for you?

New Year I mean. Mine was lovely and peaceful. After having at least four kids in the house all the time since the week before Christmas I got rid of them all and spent the evening on my own. Seeing the New Year in your own, some thought it was sad. I didn't. I had some wine, my slippers, the remote control and not another soul stirred.

But it was also a time for reflection. The end of the year but more importantly for me, the end of a decade. It hasn't been the easiest of decades for many reasons but on Thursday night, I closed the door on it. It's gone, there is nothing I can do to change any of it and there is no time to dwell on it. It's the time to look forward, to embrace the new year, the new decade. From now on everything is possible.





Sunset on the first day was wonderful, sadly I haven't managed to capture how pink the sky was but to me it was a promise.









So 2010 is here and it's going to be good.


Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Sue. Lovely to hear that you embrace a new year like I do. Hope so much for you that it brings all your dreams and wishes. Love the photos, I know what you mean about the sky, wasn't it fantastic yesterday morning? And the moon was so magical too.
    Wishing lots of luck for 2010.
    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Sue.

    We went to friends for New Year's Eve and the wife went to one door and opened it, shouted Happy New Year and went to the back door to the let the old year out. It was an absolutely wonderful evening and one I will never forget.

    Best wishes to you and your family for this new decade.

    Love

    Fee

    ReplyDelete