Tuesday 6 March 2012

Lydbury North Writers

Wow what a fantastic evening. Seven of us gathered in a room at the back of the Powis Arms in Lydbury North and shared writing, did on the spot writing and all to the sounds of a jam session going on in the bar.

I'm really looking forward to next month's meeting but in the meantime in two weeks time, there is another jam session taking place and I've got the loan of a guitar. I haven't played in years but I'm determined to give it my best shot.

There is still a lot of bad things going on in my life but I think to rise above it, I need to start living a life again and doing things just for me. Tonight is just a start.

Oh and the writing - well....

On the spot writing tonight one title was vision.

Here goes


‘I spy with my little eye.’
The voice said from the back of the car
‘Are we nearly there yet Mum?’
‘No, we’ve not got far.’

‘I said I spy with my little eye’
‘Shut your gob us Chris.’
‘Don’t speak to me like that Dan.’
‘Mum, Rob wants a piss.’

‘Chris is taking up too much room
There’s hardly any room for me.’
‘Will you lot stop the fighting
‘Cos I need a large G and T.’

These memories are now a thing of the past
Because now I have it sort
If they don’t drive or ride a bike
I make the buggers walk.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Sue and so pleased you had such a great time. How fantastic to meet in a pub, sounds a lovely way to enjoy a writing group. Keep doing what makes you smile, take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic Di and the Powis Arms, well it was bursting with creativity last night. As for the music, as the song goes 'music was my first love.' xxxx

      Delete