Wednesday 7 March 2012

Weird

During November I took part in the Nanowrimo Challenge (and completed it) to write 50,000 words of a novel. However, I did sort of cheat because I didn't have a plot because I already knew the outline and the story is a fictionalised version and my interpretation of my Nana's life.

I did post about her but I had objections from members of the family so I removed the post but that's immaterial now, although, those who know me will understand I wasn't happy about it.

Anyway in telling this story I introduced characters I had no idea about but to me, they fitted. But the weird thing is, I was talking to a family member who I haven't spoken to since I was a child and one of the characters I introduced actually almost fitted the sort person she'd heard about who played an important part in my Nana's life.

Now I'm not a psychic in any way, my door jamb has more sensitivity than me but it got me thinking and I feel it also confirmed this story has to be told. My Nana lived a life. She was an amazingly strong and courageous woman, yet in her life time she was scorned for what she did and how she lived. If she was a young woman today society wouldn't think twice about how she lived or what she did.

Now, maybe through my story, my lovely Nana will finally be accepted. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment