Wednesday 4 April 2012

Changes

Wow what a difference!



Last week Clunbury Hill looked like this. I had workman laying a garden path, stripped to the waist, drinking copious amounts of water and tea and getting sunburnt.


This week is looks completely different. It's covered in snow and I doubt if the workman would be stripped to the waist today, it's cold, windy and wet.

Changes are part of life, some we make of our own free will and others we have choice over but just have accept.

In the next few weeks there will be major changes for my family. My three sons are leaving home, moving out en masse. And although I've spent years moaning about them and at them, we've also spent years laughing together and I shall miss them. They're only going down the road and will sharing a house but they won't be coming home in the evening after work. I shall miss Chris and his Wendy - isms as he calls them. Wendy is a woman he works with that he often quite amusing by what she says.



I shall miss Dan, talking to me, before he opens the front door, talking about his day, what he's done to which caravan and who said what.

And Robz, he comes in and talks about his supervisor who he can't stand and also he moans about the price of petrol, seeing as now he's got his own car.

But I've been an always there Mum for nearly twenty nine years and it's time we all moved on and my sons have the space and freedom to live their lives and as I said to Robz last night, when he moaned about me always worrying, what I don't know about I can't worry about.

I do wish them well and I hope they'll make the best of the opportunity they've got and hey maybe one day, at least one of them might make me a grandmother - I'm feeling a bit left out, most of my friends are grandparents.

For me too, there is going to be change. I shall have to get used to the silence but it also means that I have to make my own life too.

One of the changes I'm making is I'm going back to Wrekin Writers. I was talking to someone briefly the other week and they made me realise that I'd make a serious error of judgement in leaving and I'm going to put that right. I have always missed the group and I know that I have to say sorry to the committee for leaving the way I did and for causing them all unnecessary work and hassle but I will do that willingly. This isn't a backward step, it is part of moving forward and putting my life in order and who knows what is around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Sue, I've watched five children leave home. It's not easy but it's good for everyone. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pauline. Two have left home before and have come back but this move is so essential for all of us and yes it's a shove but it's necessary. I shall miss them and in some way I won't. I love them dearly but don't always like them but they're my sons and they're very special. Thank you for comment and your kind thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete