Wednesday 25 April 2012

Threatened with a holiday!

Yep. My doctor has threatened me with a holiday courtesy of the National Health. We're now fighting what she calls probable infection with antibiotics which are equivalent to Napalm to keep me this side of the doors of the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

Not a happy bunny!

Psoriasis is a funny disease because often I don't really show any traces of it but when it flares up, it goes all guns blazing. Basically what happens is normally the skin cells take 21-28 days to renew themselves, with Psoriasis they go on the rampage and start doing it every 2-6 days and the skin flakes, peels off leaving immature skin underneath - ready to repeat the process.


And me being me have the added bonus of Psoriasis nails which means the skin underneath the nails goes crazy and pushes the nails away from the nail bed until they fall off. It's not nice to look at and it's sore and painful to have. But don't worry if I shake your hand - you won't get it because it's genetic and not contagious. But if you decline - I will understand.

There are various triggers for Psoriasis and mine is stress. It has been stressful the boys moving out but it's a good thing because we all get on much better now and it's lovely to look forward to seeing them. It's been stressful with the housing situation. I have moved out of the shed but am now living in the remnants of what used to be my family home and that's horrible and it's stressful not knowing when the situation will be rectified - unfortunately that's not down to me but down to bureaucracy that haven't a clue what they're doing.

It's been very stressful waiting for that knock on the door, the one I've been threatened with because of a certain action I took which I had no choice over. It's a long story and I'm not going to go into it but it's caused a lot of stress, pain and upset.

And now just to make matters worse - well do I pack a bag or not?

Hopefully these antibiotics will work because I certainly don't want to go back to the RSH after last time. So let's hope poorly paws and scabby Sue get back to some normality soon.

Yes you've guessed it - a bit down today and the weather well that certainly hasn't helped either.

No comments:

Post a Comment