Monday 23 April 2012

Writers, artists and emotions

As writers and artists are we afraid to show our emotions through our work? I know some writers who are and some who aren't. I fall into the latter category and have often sat at my computer sobbing over the keyboard.

Today I've been rewriting and revising my novel and I've been focusing on the aftermath of Tina's husband death. That time she stood at his graveside as an empty shell and let all her love pour into the coffin, leaving her with nothing. But you know I haven't written it as well as I know I can because some emotions, feelings I'm a bit scared to revisit.

Recently I lost someone close to me and the grieving process has been incredibly difficult and although I'm not there yet , I know I will be one day and the sights, sounds and memories will make me smile, not sigh when I remember them.

So Tina, I am sorry and I will get it right soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment