Wednesday 16 May 2012

The body betrays the mind

I've just read Julie's Quest latest post and in it she talks about the inspiration she got from Patrick Moore. I had a dear friend who has passed away and she was a neighbour of Patrick Moore. She would comment that as he was getting older he was finding life more difficult but the one thing he's never lost was the sparkle in his eye and his enthusiasm for the skies.

It's like Professor Stephen Hawking, if you didn't know who he was, you'd write him off - why?

Because the body can betray the mind and sometimes does.

As a wheelchair user I've been in the situation where I've asked questions and the answers have been given to the person who has been pushing me. Ermmm - hello I'm down here!

Please don't judge people by your perception of them - whatever our problems are we're all equal.

And probably the best and funniest thing I've had said to me - it was a few years back and I was talking to a lady on the phone. She had problems walking but what really made me laugh was when she said 'you don't sound as if you're in a wheelchair.'

And if you want further proof that us 'disabled' or the word I grew up with was 'crippled' lead normal lives then read 'Never Say Die' by Melaine Davies and Lynne Barrett-Lee 

There but for the grace of God go all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment