Thursday 3 May 2012

Day three - did you know?

That a member of the Indonesian band Armageddon Holocaust claimed to be Bill Clinton?

That was my prompt for my short story today. The brief was to go to Wikipedia's front page (don't laugh) and select something from there to prompt a story.

Somehow I went from the Indonesian band Armageddon Holocaust to Mid Wales, rain, fifteen whiskies and Harry Secombe. I've written it, printed it off and put it in my folder to read next month but you know, I think this story works.

And a bit of useless information but in my story I have Harry Secombe singing the beautiful Welsh song Myfanwy the lyrics written by Richard 'Mynyddog' Davies.


Richard 'Mynyddog' Davies (Mynyddog being his bardic name) was born at Dolydan, Llanbrynmair in 1833.


The same house I was lucky enough to live in from October 2005 - February 2007.


Sadly though, whilst I was there I didn't write anything as memorable or as long lasting as the lyrics of Myfanwy.

1 comment:

  1. My great great grandfather also lived in this house!

    ReplyDelete