Sunday 13 May 2012

What a week and totally grounded!

That about sums this week up.

On Wednesday my car went in for its annual service to be told the brakes were dangerous and they weren't going to release it. Fortunately after a four hour wait they did manage to get the parts. Then I was told that it had to go back to Furrows in Telford because despite the car going back following accident damage, they still hadn't repaired the car properly. This is now the second it's been returned them following the initial repair.

Furrows agreed to lending me a courtesy car but it turns out I can't drive it because my photo driving licence is out of date. However, unlike the rest of the driving population in the UK I can not apply for a replacement because thanks to my ex (yes the peadophile in Albrighton) the DVLA have yet to decide (after a year) whether or not I'm fit to drive. I know it's him because he's done it before.

DVLA have had confirmation off both my consultant and my doctors that I am fit to drive but they have to decide themselves, without ever meeting me and of course they are behind. My case was referred to them on 22 April 2012, after months of clerical people mucking about and the doctors are still working on cases dating from February.

So, according to DVLA I can drive my own car but I can not drive the courtesy car and until I get my car back (which will be when - I don't know) I have to rely on my sons to drive me. Which is great when it's a ten mile round trip for a pint of milk.

I know one and another it's all my fault but I'm sick to death of that bloody car and can't wait until September when I get a new one.

In the meantime, it feels like my last link with the outside world has gone. I do now feel totally isolated.

No comments:

Post a Comment