Tuesday 22 March 2011

Catch up and it's only lunchtime

Where have I been? Not hiding but reading and sleeping, well at night anyway. I've rediscovered the joys of a comfy bed and a good book, or not as the case is at the moment.

I'm trying to read something different from what I normally read. I finished Lynda La Plante's Silent Scream which I thoroughly enjoyed, except for all the names beginning with A that I've moaned about before. It was an easy read and had a satisfactory conclusion but I did feel a bit that she waffled on at the end - but hey that's only what I think.

At the moment I'm trying to read Harlan Coben's Hold Tight and it's a struggle. He's a best selling American author who doesn't write in English, well not the English I speak anyway and he also jumps about too much. I'll persevere for a bit longer but it does look like one of those books I won't finish - life's too short.

Right now what I've been upto. Thursday night was Ludlow Writers. Loosely described as a writers' group (lol) we rock the foundations of Ludlow library with laughter but we also do write, well some of the time anyway. The homework for the last week was a 'restaurant review'. It was lovely, within the space of a hour and a half we literally travelled the world. Helen took us to China, Sally to France, Ann stayed at home, Simon took us up a mountain and me, well I made up a place but it was fun.

Saturday was Wrekin Writers and a fantastic workshop led by Julie Phillips she took us back to our childhood by providing us with games and activities and allowed us to play for half a hour. Memories of Di Perry, Bryan and Joel playing 'twister' will stay with me for a long time. The purpose for the workshop though was to use your senses, to reconnect with childhood memories (well that's what I did) and to use different experiences for inspiration. Julie was absolutely brilliant, I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Following the workshop Simon Whaley, Mike White, his wife Susan and me all went for lunch in Ironbridge. I missed last month's meeting so it was good to catch up with friends again and to have lunch out. Got home finally and was shattered, so spent a quiet Sunday, if by quiet with Chris and his sax.

And today, the weather is absolutely glorious. Warm and sunny, even this morning when I went to the car the sun was shining - bless it. Hmmmm, it reflected my face in the window of my car and somehow managed to highlight every grey hair I have -  a gentle reminder that though spring is here I ain't no chicken.

1 comment:

  1. You improve as time goes by, like a fine wine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete