Wednesday 23 March 2011

Scared

I've just had the fright of my life. I went to Craven Arms (den of iniquity, even Job moved out) to pick Robin up and then driving back home, along a quiet country road, a car came up behind me with headlights on full, overtook and pulled in straight in front. I jammed on my brakes and how the hell I kept the car on the road I don't know. Good news is, I did and I also got the registration number of the car that did it.

I've reported it to the police but I don't hold out much hope. It's scary though when the unpredictable happens and you have to fight for control of the situation. Thank God for ABS because I could have ended up in the hedge plus....

That's what happened with my story yesterday. I didn't intend to write it when I sat down at my computer. In  fact it's a story that I thought I could never write. But, from somewhere came the word 'obsession' and the story tumbled out. It wasn't brave or courageous of me to write it, I had no choice, it wrote itself.

I'm glad it did and I'm glad I posted it unedited because reading it again today I would have changed bits of it that revealed so much about how I feel. But that wouldn't have been honest and although what I wrote scared me it was the truth.

As I've said before, it's been a rough ride over the past few years and it's taken its toll. I start counselling on April 1st, yeah all fool's day, but I'm looking forward to it. I know there is so much stuff in my head that needs sorting and to be given the chance to do that is fantastic. It's going to be hard, I know that talking it through, sorting it all out, I hope will give me my life back.

And you know something else - I don't hurt so much either, in fact I feel so much better and even the pain isn't so intense.

Oh and the weather, isn't it gorgeous! And you know the best time to see the daffodils, is in the half light as night begins to fall. They shine like beacons, promises of summer and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment