Sunday 13 March 2011

Jeremy Clarkson has moved out

Oh you can never understand how happy I am that Jeremy Clarkson has moved out from his abode behind the fireplace. Okay I'll explain, I haven't totally lost it but having 'petrol heads' in the family and Dave as one of our Sky options Mr Clarkson rapidly became a permanent resident. In from work 'Top Gear' nothing to do 'Top Gear, morning noon and night 'Top Gear'. And why was he living behind the fireplace, telly is on the wall above the fire. Got it now?

But I changed the Sky package and oh bliss, well at least once they got over the moaning stage. Tonight, according to my sons, there was nothing on the bloody telly so one went out and the other two went to their rooms leaving me, yes me with the remote and what a lovely evening I've had.

Melvyn Bragg what a man, what a broadcaster! I love the way he has of putting things over in a simple but exciting manner. How the Bible has influenced modern language. How it brought people together or in cases tore them apart. His love and understanding of the English language thrills me.

Then I had Dylan Thomas, a genius but what a troubled soul he was. Yes it was a bit sensationalism (I think) with his anything in a skirt was fair game and not a lot of his poetry but it was interesting to watch.

And then I had the Tudors, well okay it was in many ways pretty naff and very much an 'up to date' version but I enjoyed it.

So Mr Clarkson, farewell, au revoir and adieu - I really don't miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment