Monday 4 July 2011

I will always hear the owl in the orchard

It's a lovely thought isn't it? But it's true. I was told today by a dear friend to go out to listen to everything and anything, to listen to what I wanted to listen to and I'd remember it and I could play it over and over again in my head.

That might sound like a daft thing to say but it's very true. We do remember sounds. I can remember the sounds of the music of concerts I've played in and I can remember the pure joy of being part of an orchestra or the thrill of playing as a soloist. I can still hear that music, years later. I can also hear the audience as they applauded their appreciation of that music.

I'm lucky in that respect because I've experienced it and more so I've lived it.

So yes I will become deaf but I will always be able to hear.

Many, many thanks to my friend for reminding me of that xx

No comments:

Post a Comment