Sunday 1 November 2009

Nanowrimo - day 1

The first of November has arrived and with it the start of Nanowrimo. It's quite daunting to think that I've accepted the challenge of writing 50,000 words in 30 days. Okay I've done it three times before but a lot has happened since the last time I did it in 2005, perhaps the most significant thing which might affect my chances of completing this challenge is the affect dear old 'Arfur' has had on my life.

Dear old Arfur is the pet name I've given to the arthritis which is having a serious effect on my hands so typing is a problem but hey nothing ventured, nothing gained and if needs be there's always pain killers and wrist straps. By the end of this month I could end up as a stoned mummy encased in neoprene - that could be fun.

But I'm excited, I know what I'm going to write about. I'm going back to Tumbles Forge, my village with people I need to rediscover, incidents and events that have yet to be created but that are beginning to happen in my head. I have a month on the sofa with my laptop on my knee, looking out across Clunbury Hill with my imagination for company. I can't think of a better way to spend November.

And to all my fellow Nanowrimo writers - good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment