Saturday 14 November 2009

Nanowrimo - day 14


I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday. Curled up with my laptop on my sofa I went back to Tumbles Forge and wrote about their lives. Peace and quiet you can't beat it.

I did intend to post my blog but I lost track of time and had to rush to go and pick the lads up from work, get Robin on the train and do the shopping. That wasn't a problem, the problem was the weather. God it was dreadful.

The road I live on, which is really a lane and quite narrow in places, was virtually under water and the bits that weren't were slippy because of all the leaves the howling gales and wrenched off the trees. The Clun road wasn't any better, in fact it was worse because of the pot holes (are you listening Shropshire County Council, yes I said pot holes) and the water running off the fields and every car that went past threw water over the car - oh yes and it was dark, very dark.

Anyway we got there and back but when I got in the house I was drenched so blogging was the last thing on my mind. Dinner and a glass of wine was first and foremost. And today, windy is an understatement and it's raining again. So I think I've decided the weather in Tumbles Forge is nice and sunny so I'm going to spend most of the day there.

The piccies above are of the two faces of the River Clun both were taken in about the same place. If this rain continues if it hasn't already burst its banks it will do but to honest I don't fancy going down to have a look. Definitely staying in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment