Thursday 5 November 2009

Nanowrimo - day 5

Today has been a lovely day. This morning I pottered around the house doing odd jobs. Then Simon arrived and bless him, took me out for a good natter and a lovely lunch, followed by a drive through the Mortimer Forest and up through Wigmore and back home. The scenic route but it's so beautiful and the skies were wonderful. And when I got home I sat down at my computer and added another 1689 words to my novel.

When we out we were talking about finding time to write. If you haven't already read it, do read Simon's blog about making time to write. For me, during this week I've discovered that I write better in the afternoon. Monday, as I said was perfect, I sat down to write at 9.15
and boy was it a struggle. Whereas the rest of the week I've been busy in the morning, out over lunchtime so I've only had the afternoon and knowing I've only got that time has enabled me to focus so much better. This afternoon was lovely. It went very dark early, thanks to storm clouds, so I sat on my sofa with my laptop, a mug of coffee and the side light on and just wrote. It was so peaceful, to be honest I was dreading the lads coming back from work to disturb my peace. Selfish maybe but I didn't want my writing time to end.

Do my family appreciate what I'm doing. Most of the time perhaps not but I was thrilled when Rob did ask if he could put the television on and when I asked him to do it later it wasn't a problem. Hopefully this will continue and my family will respect my time to write. And Simon as for being back to normal in December I hope not. I like this. I'm not being selfish I'm being me and doing what I have to do, the same way others in my household do.

God I feel liberated.


The piccy tonight was taken in August at the top of the Burway in Church Stretton. For those who know that nightmare of a road with two hundred foot drops at the edge of it - yes I did drive up it, which is better than driving down it but it's still scary. The motoring equivalent to a white water ride - this is a white knuckle ride. But the view from the top is amazing. If you look closely you'll see Church Stretton nestled in the valley - it was a beautiful day that day and one I was fortunate enough to share with my Dad.

PS Thanks for lunch Simon. You take care and have a wonderful time in the Lakes.

2 comments:

  1. I know that road and heartily agree white knuckle ride!!!

    Best wishes and enjoy your birthday on Tuesday.

    Love Feex

    ReplyDelete